!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> Muzic-Rox-My-World

Thursday, June 08, 2006


Nothing much happened today.






















I got new jeans and new shirts. By the way, here is my second final draft essay (It's only partially true though. And it's a little 'action' caus' it's supposed to be like that...) :

"Bullying other children and more" by Daniel

It was somewhere in 1999. I was brought up by parents who, although were strict with children, were people who did not hold their children from expressing themselves. This was a grave mistake as I did whatever I deemed right for myself.

I was only five years old that year. My academic results may have been satisfactory, but my handwriting was not. This flaw of mine seemed to be insignificant at first, until one day I took my spelling test. As the teacher invigilated the class, she patrolled the classroom and happened to glance at what I had written. She ordered me to rewrite everything, but being one who gave in to emotions rather than authority, I simply gave her the most menacing stare I could and refused to do as she instructed.

The teacher was infuriated and informed my parents of this rebellion in the classroom. My parents were extremely angry with me upon hearing the news and punished me severely. However, it turned out that the punishment was nothing compared to how firmly my personal emotions stood. This was ascertained, when I felt incredibly bored while one of the teachers was talking in the classroom. Suddenly having a burning urge to attract attention and put a cease to the teacher's indirect lullaby, I grabbed the ponytail of the girl right in front of me and gave it a hard tug. The girl, being someone of a mere age of five, screamed and everyone stared. The teacher glared at me and made sure the news reached my parents, who spared no strength in making sure I got all the physical punishment I deserved. They also instructed me to apologize to both the female victim and the teacher.

I did according to my parents' instructions and the teacher seemed slightly more light-hearted to me than the day before. Since then, I restricted myself from pulling any more funny pranks. I became the teachers' pet. I found this at first very good, considering the fact that I did not really get into trouble because the teachers tended to take slight favouritism. This thinking of mine lasted until last year, when I realized that such a role as the teacher's centre of attention is actually stifling. This kind of people can be referred to as "Goody-Two-Shoes". I found this out while having a certain classmate who sucked up to the teacher and found that lessons were parts of a deadly serious business. When I first saw that classmate, I turned to my friend, Riya, who was sitting beside me and commented, "That girl is such a nerd.". My friend took a quick glance at me and said, "So are you.".

I shuddered at what Riya said. I thought about it for a while and decided it was high time not to try to be someone I wasn't by nature, but someone who has a healthy balance between good impressions and bad ones. I was determined not to try to outdo other pupils in terms of displaying good initiative skills in class, but at the same time, leave a good impression on the teacher.

As I was thinking about all this, Riya turned around and asked the girl beside me, "Do you listen to muisc?". The girl shook her head but I spoke up and declared, "I do, do you know Green Day?". Riya immediately responded to my question. "Yes," she said. "I love 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'.". I nodded in agreement with her taste and asked again, "Do you like 'Wake me up when September Ends'?". Riya nodded her head once more and added, " Yes, that's a slow song.".

At that moment, the teacher glared at us for talking too much. I retreated back into my own solitary world and remained subdued while the teacher continued the lesson. That was why I should not just completely be a class rebel. I needed to learn to at least restrict myself enough to still be on the teacher's good side. Now, I am more outgoing and have made more friends than before. I cannot help feeling that I have been emancipated somehow by the grasp of my over-obsession to be some kind of "Goody-Two-Shoes". I feel this is all for the better for me.


(End of essay). Ok how was it?


Solemn Perfectionist rocked the house on 7:55 PM

Profile

Name: --Euphoria-Devastation--
D.O.B.: --8 Jan--
Location: --Singapore--
Occupation: --Student--

School: --CCHMS--
Religion: --Christianity (Anglican)--
Church: --COGS--
Fav Show: --The 4400--

Fav Artists: --Daniel Powter, Craig Daivid, Kelly Clarkson, Marion Raven, Rihanna (lol), Maroon Five, Hoobastank, Green Day, Backstreet Boys--
Hobbies: --Watching TV, Using Com And Of Course SLEEPING--
Ambition: --Writer--
Fav Movies: --Death Note, Just Like Heaven, Harry Potter--

Fav Books: --The Privelege of Youth (Dave Pelzer), Harry Potter series (JK Rowling), Dark Matter (Matthew Reily), Scarecrow (Matthew Reily)--

recent

Waliao, you guys think I'm a nerd? Wait till you s...
Prepare for the longest entry in the world...Today...
This is gonna be a long but content-satisfying pos...
Yo guys. Went to Hwa Chong J.C. The place was so b...
We came out of the war victoriousOur fight took pl...
I haven't been blogging for quite some time now......
Someone else likes Bel, and Bel likes someone else...
Boredom over ExhaustionI keep complaining about be...
The asshole side if my life is reigning. Or is it?...
Today gonna watch X-MenYeah, gonna go soon. Today ...

past

April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

links

Abigail Sim
Ave
Bel
Ben
Beth
Caleb Goh
Cally
Cheryl
Christel
Clarence
Clarice
Den
Denise
Ian Tan
Ian Yap
Isabel
Janet
Joce
Jolene
Kai
Kelly
Mei Jun
Melody M.
Phoebe
Priscilla
Rachel
Sam
Sean
Tab
WS

Tagboard



tagboard