!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> Muzic-Rox-My-World

Tuesday, June 06, 2006


Prepare for the longest entry in the world...























Today, I went to the Stanford course again. WTH! Bel kept SMSing me while I was in the Study Hall. Denise and I lied to the other students that we were cousins... Haha. Anyway, here are some innocent prayers made by children. It's kinda funny. Take a look:

1. Dear God, are you really invisible, or is it just a trick?
2. Dear God, I want to just be like my daddy when I grow up but not with so much hair all over.
3. Dear God, instead of letting people die and having to make new ones, why don't you just keep the ones you've got now?
4. Dear God, I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that ok?
5. Dear God, I'm American, what are you?
6. Dear God, I bet it's hard for you to love everyone in the world. There are only four people in my family and I can never do it.
7. Dear God, thank you for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy.
8. Dear God, if you watch in church on Sunday, i will show you my new shoes.
9. Dear God, We read in school that Thomas Edison made the light, but in the bible it says you did it so I bet he stole your idea.
10. Dear God, Maybe Cain wouldn't have killed Abel if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother.

Haha. Yesterday there was also something printed on someone's shirt that I find kind of amusin. Here it is: We developed language because of our deep inner need to complain. (At the back, it was printed:) Complain, complain, complain, complain, complain. Haha.

Hey, did I tell you I wrote my first essay yesterday? Here's my final draft:

“Music” by Daniel


Music is my desire. The flaring hair of an artist when he or she performs in a video. The strong vibe that is emitted from the guitar when the guitarist slams the pick on the strings. The ingenious rhythm of the drums when the sticks land on the hollow structures. The voice of the artist. Be it soothing or powerful. I love it all. Nothing can move my passion, my addiction, my crave for music.

My preference, when it comes to music is usually already standardised. I go for music that involves Rock or Pop. Artists that fall in these categories are artists like Green Day, Kelly Clarkson, etc. Rap goes well with my preference as well. Artists like Fort Minor make Rap music. I like music because it is one of my major recreational dependences. The first automatic thing I do when I step into my room is to turn on the radio. I started listening to music last year, so I am more well-versed with that kind of range.

My parents were doubtful of some songs at first. For example, some Eminem songs have crude and vulgar influence. However, now they trust that I am careful and mature enough to choose the songs I listen to carefully. I have always stood by a belief that music is not something that always provides bad influences, but instead, is a philosophy of life as everyone listens to music in their lives. The music they listen to can be something from the Billboard charts, or just something like an anthem or a lullaby.

People even from the earliest of times listened to music. It is just that different genres, such as Rock and Pop were found and different styles were formed. Basically, artists from the music industry today and the ones from the past have one thing in common despite the vast contradiction of the types of music they make. They all want their voice heard. Perhaps not verbally, but definitely vocally.

Different genres usually sound differently to appeal to people with different personalities. This is what makes music so versatile. For example, Rock and Pop music full of angst that artists convey through putting in a lot of energy in their vocal chords are to appeal to youngsters or teenagers. Classical music that has soothing tunes is aimed at people who prefer a quiet and peaceful ambience to a loud and noisy one. The many different genres of music can be listed as Rock, Pop, Classical, Jazz, Blues, etc. These different genres are meant to be appreciated by different types of people with different personalities and not just age or preference of ambience. For example, extroverts tend to appreciate Rock and Pop music more, whereas on the other hand, introverts tend to be drawn to Classical music more. This is what draws me to music. It is the fact that the inventors of different genres know what different types of people want, so they put in all their heart and soul until they get something that really appeals to people.

Music can be identified through the type of song is being played. People have their own ways to identify genres. I however, identify hard-core or fast-beat songs as Rock or Pop music. These songs usually have their singers singing loudly and with more energy, getting the listeners to feel the strong essence of the vibe. Classical music, however, in my opinion, is identified through the fact that such songs usually have soothing and slow melodies that usually helps to ease one’s tension. Rap, however, is identified through the rapper’s voice. A rap is just like singing except that the words sound more like talking. Raps usually sound like a song sang by a rebel in a sense that there is a prominent feeling of that kind of emotion whenever such a song is being played.

Listening to music has its own effects, be it good or bad. Good effects usually fall under Classical music which can help ease one’s mind and soothe one’s anger, bringing one to a world full of angelic possibilities. However, bad effects are also existent in certain types of music. Songs that promote dark and sadistic themes can influence people who are not mature enough to handle that kind of music.

Generally, listening to music is my most favourite activity. I think, personally, it helps balance both my sides of work and recreation. I simply love music. After all, music is my passion. Music is my addiction. I crave for music whenever I am bored. Whenever I step into my room, feeling somewhat lacking inside, I turn to the radio.

(End of essay). And that's why this is the longest post in the world...

Solemn Perfectionist rocked the house on 7:42 PM

Profile

Name: --Euphoria-Devastation--
D.O.B.: --8 Jan--
Location: --Singapore--
Occupation: --Student--

School: --CCHMS--
Religion: --Christianity (Anglican)--
Church: --COGS--
Fav Show: --The 4400--

Fav Artists: --Daniel Powter, Craig Daivid, Kelly Clarkson, Marion Raven, Rihanna (lol), Maroon Five, Hoobastank, Green Day, Backstreet Boys--
Hobbies: --Watching TV, Using Com And Of Course SLEEPING--
Ambition: --Writer--
Fav Movies: --Death Note, Just Like Heaven, Harry Potter--

Fav Books: --The Privelege of Youth (Dave Pelzer), Harry Potter series (JK Rowling), Dark Matter (Matthew Reily), Scarecrow (Matthew Reily)--

recent

This is gonna be a long but content-satisfying pos...
Yo guys. Went to Hwa Chong J.C. The place was so b...
We came out of the war victoriousOur fight took pl...
I haven't been blogging for quite some time now......
Someone else likes Bel, and Bel likes someone else...
Boredom over ExhaustionI keep complaining about be...
The asshole side if my life is reigning. Or is it?...
Today gonna watch X-MenYeah, gonna go soon. Today ...
My blood pressure shot up the moment I saw someone...
Is Ms Ng ever going to give us a break?!Work, work...

past

April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

links

Abigail Sim
Ave
Bel
Ben
Beth
Caleb Goh
Cally
Cheryl
Christel
Clarence
Clarice
Den
Denise
Ian Tan
Ian Yap
Isabel
Janet
Joce
Jolene
Kai
Kelly
Mei Jun
Melody M.
Phoebe
Priscilla
Rachel
Sam
Sean
Tab
WS

Tagboard



tagboard